Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Take Off The Noose

Take off the noose, and get comfortable. We may be here a while.
I wish I understood why this poem is taking such a long time to write.
First there was a title, then a couple of days later, the first line spilled out, and now two more lines are making an appearance.
I have learned you take what you can get. Sometimes all there is to eat is ramen noodles, then maybe if you’re lucky a nice roasted chicken, and, if you’re really blessed, some chocolate cake with a glass of Vitamin D milk to wash it all down with.

Inspiration comes, and then is gone just as quick.
Go to the hardware store, and buy some nice new rope so when you hang yourself, everything will go off without a hitch.
I refuse to ignore whatever gifts I may have been imbued with. The other day I thought about jumping in front of a train but decided to put those plans on hold and to instead enter The Magic Theatre ready to experience the fantasies that exist in my mind.
I believe I may be both one of the “suicides” and one of the “immortals” and that is why I am having such a difficult time deciding what to do next.

Charles Cicirella
10/13/14

No comments: