Monday, March 14, 2016

Groceries

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2016-03-14T15_16_10-07_00

Go to the store
Buy coffee
Sushi
Chocolate

I am tired of resisting
Inspiration escapes from my white bones like the fog of war
I don’t believe she has our best interests at heart
Throw yourself overboard, I’ll catch up after the sharks are through circling

I don’t think it’s much of a vacation going to a resort where the impoverished are kept out with locked gates and high walls
Sounds more like a concentration camp for the one percent and I’ve never been very good at math
I once believed in magic
Memorial Junior High School dance and Juliet Chen actually wanted to dance with me

Or was her name Julie
All I remember for sure is that she towered over me and it was the last time anyone was really into me
We were so broke we couldn’t even afford the milk for the Kraft Mac & Cheese
It all worked out in the end though when he wrote a bad check to Domino's Pizza and we ate like kings for a change

Go to the store
Don’t forget your EBT card
Don’t forget to wash your dick
I’m at a loss for words and I swear it’s not the first time something like this has happened to me

Charles Cicirella
3/11/16

No comments: