Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Snap My Head Back (For Juliet)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2018-01-24T02_07_45-08_00

Trying to get my thoughts straight
Everything coming out hurried
Panic seizes me around the throat

You’ve always been the perfect tonic
A femme fatale who doesn’t know her own strength
Your allure bombards me like melting confetti

Wish to hang out with you in a bathroom stall
Or an unused confessional in a gothic church
Watch you sleep like the Glitter-Witch you are

Trying to get my head on straight
Anxiety sits atop my chest like an M-4 Sherman Tank
I’m astounded by your grace and machine gun parlance

Keeps me coming back for more
A psychedelic soda shop zeroing in on only good trips
I will try to not wake up screaming

Charles Cicirella
1/24/18

No comments: