Saturday, July 14, 2018

Possessed (For Courtney Hadwin)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2018-07-14T19_14_55-07_00

Music flows from her like pure adrenaline
The natives are restless watching you conquer the hapless hoards
Rings the living bell when stepping out on stage and takes her audience hostage with grace and genuine soul

Experiencing Courtney perform reminds me that I’m very much alive and there’s still work to be done
Accomplishments come in fits and starts when you’re a whirlwind of talent and a wunderkind of epic proportions
Holding back nothing as she blazes trails poured in molten lava

Out of the mouths of babes has never proven more relevant or trustworthy as we’re taken down a road of immeasurable kindness
Trapped inside my own head and then I watched Courtney on America’s Got Talent and it sheltered me in place and kicked me back into overdrive
“We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion year old carbon
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden now more than ever”

Charles Cicirella
7/14/18

No comments: