Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Let’s lay down with our lions and do our very best to forgive the sheep.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2019-12-24T21_36_27-08_00

No one dreams of anything when they’re electric except why they’re not Elton John
I’ve always stood against any and all levels of hatred, especially the type of hatred dripping with gasoline and thirsty for a lit match
Let’s climb out of our skins and focus instead on what comes after we’re defunct and circling the cosmic drain

I know you don’t believe you’re a lion, but I’m telling you that you are
Ignore all the disingenuous soothsayers who like most beat poets will never beat the rap of being a typist instead of a writer
That’s of course if you take Tru’s side and if you do well that’s your unanswered prayer to wrestle with until another virgin writer is born and spills their cold blood

I’m only a poet when I’m writing, the rest of the time I’m just Charlie, something I thought Joe Cohen of all people would understand
Let’s impregnate our doppelgangers with less obnoxious versions of ourselves
We’re gonna have to start effecting change through any blunt means possible if we have any hope of a revolution.

Words not guns always prove the most effective weapons in our cannon.
Keep this in mind the next time you’re stringing together popcorn and taking down one Walmart customer after another
“Swing low, sweet chariot, coming for to carry me home”

Charles Cicirella
12/24/19

No comments: