Monday, January 13, 2020

Fay Wray and King Kong (For K.)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-01-13T01_15_35-08_00

I’m Fay Wray
No wait, I’m King Kong
Ding dong Iggy Pop isn’t dead
And I want to eat a hamburger with him.

I want to move the Earth with you Kat
I believe it’s possible because my cup runneth over
As we stop revisiting our pasts because doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I’ve been in love with you even before Little Richard got religion or the Holy Ghost recorded an album called Blonde on Blonde
It’s true I can kick the crap out of any blank page without even a second thought, but when it comes to looking you straight in your sock-monkey- almost eye saucers I feel as light as a baby Jesus and as bright as a phoenix burning up.

We shouldn’t be afraid of the skyscrapers or the black helicopters buzzing around like some angry drone bumblebee, as fat as Belushi when he was full of cocaine and despair
I just happened upon the word Weegie and I want to ask you about it, but don’t wish to offend
We come from two entirely different worlds and yet still share the same sun and moon.

I’m Fay Wray and I swallowed King Kong because I was hungry and also because he was just a big ham
You are the sun, moon and stars as you make my mind ice skate over a frozen lake of vipers and dung beetles
Imagining listening together to David Bowie as we live our dreams and our dreams possess us like a Southern Baptist preacher’s fire and brimstone sermons
“Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed. Wake up, the wicked witch is dead!”

Charles Cicirella
1/13/2020

No comments: