Thursday, July 08, 2021

Heroine (For Lori)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2021-07-08T01_55_37-07_00

Known her since the end of time
An apocalypse denied
Resistance is futile when you’re an asshole

When I first met Lori she was Lilac
I was smitten from the jump
Let’s stop kidding ourselves and live already

Drawn to her like an astronaut is drawn to their mothership
I was bound and gagged the day we laid together in Michelle’s crawlspace
Haunted democracies are not for the faint of heart

Lori has always known I’d end up in the desert
Hanging out among the abandoned and frustrated
Stopped laying down my lodestone because the axel grease kept getting ensnared in my beard

She informed me while we were on the phone tonight that I was shrinking
I told her my usual line about Jewish people being the only ones who truly know the horror of becoming smaller
Sometimes while masturbating I forget to let go and before I know it all hell breaks loose behind the gates of morning

Known her since we were both fledglings
Lori taught me all about the space time continuum as she holds her breath and vanishes
Futility is not all it’s cracked up to be when you’ve lost the scent of your soulmate.

Charles Cicirella
7/8/2021

No comments: