Saturday, December 08, 2012

Cut the Sail

(For Andrea)

I am sick and tired of flying without my wings properly attached.
Sick and tired of the dirty looks and dirty whispering behind my back.
It’s rarely ego and when it comes to paranoia I’m quite certain many are against me, but that comes with experience and burning too many bridges with gleeful abandon.

When I suggested you write a poem as a companion piece to one of mine I thought you might find it fun and not for one second was I looking for praise or to be preened like some champion show poodle.
When I dance I look like I am having some kind of fit and when I sing it sounds more like an exorcism, but when I sit down and focus on the words anything can and will happen as the page catches fire and the screen melts before my opaque eyes.
When I try the art of small talk, language becomes my enemy and I no longer feel comfortable in my own skin, but when I get up and read my poetry I know there’s no calling it quits.
 
I felt really relaxed around you and I will not apologize for that.
I am quite confused how we straightened out whatever weirdness there was between us, only to now have more strangeness existing like a moat of hungry, snapping crocodiles.
I was so excited to have made, what I believed to be, a real intellectual connection and am quite disappointed that it now appears to be over.

Charles Cicirella 12/2/12

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Charles, just wanted to say I really like your piece on the "official Dylan site" regarding Tempest. it seems like you're right on the pulse of this whole thing.
I'm not sure what "the Thing" is, but I feel certain you're in touch with it. I did read these last two entries. And I can feel your pain.
It stinks when you think you've made a connection to somebody, and then you find out you were wrong.
I had that happen recently. I like your writing style. But I don't think I can handle you reading it out loud. Something about the written word and the imaginary person we create for ourselves out of it. Like the way we all know Bob so intimately, just because we can read his words and hear his voice.
keep doing your craft, at least one of us out here gets it.

Charles Cicirella said...

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words.