Sunday, January 03, 2016

Poetry in the Dark

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2016-01-03T01_59_30-08_00

Don’t bother turning on the light.
There’s nothing worse than a cockroach that can both read and write.
I’m afraid it’s time to call your bluff and have you put your words where your pseudo- celebrity has gone.

Poetry in the dark is not so bad if you wear pajamas to bed, but if you sleep in the buff you best be ready to show your bum and tummy when up there on that stage.
I’m not afraid to take the punches and strike when absolutely necessary.
I know too many people who are fearful of conflict while I’ve always believed if it’s not worth fighting for then why even answer the calling in the first place.

This isn’t about righteous indignation or who is more full of themselves.
It’s about the proof in the pudding and yours never having any "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah."
The poetry was in the dark and then it was out in the sunlight and in both cases there was no strong impression made because your wordage lacks backbone and you’ve never put any of your own skin in the game.

I’m not here to tear you down. You do that all by yourself with no help from the implacable audience at hand.
I’m here to ask you why you ever got into the poetry game in the first place. Was it because you believed it was the one thing you could do with meager effort?
Don’t bother with the light I’d prefer sitting here alone in the dark with nothing but your humorless smile reminding me that ignorance really is bliss.

Charles Cicirella
1/1/16

No comments: