Sunday, January 10, 2021

Bum (For Kat)

 https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2021-01-10T16_35_29-08_00

It’s not about objectifying anyone
Just thinking about how cute her bum must be
She said no naked pictures and I accept that like I accept morning dew and bullfrogs at night down by the waterside

Being that her bum is Scottish I become even more crazed when I daydream about it
Just like when she said “hello Charlie” and my insides became butterfly Jell-O
There’s something about her that strikes more than a match in me as an entire oil refinery goes up and I’m left holding my shoes and a big toothless grin

I desire for our souls to hitchhike through the stars as we become better acquainted and leave nothing to chance including happy endings
Like Churchill said (and I’m paraphrasing) she’s a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma and that’s just the very beginning
Sometimes I become out of sorts and the words I connect, disconnect right before my dog-tired eyes and still Kat stands by me because she understands even a poet loses their shit every once in a great while

It’s not about objectification or making another person feel uncomfortable
It’s about inspiration and a muse convention where all the beautiful people get together and reveal just how they stay so positive and full of light energy
It’s about being seen not unseen and I see Kat both with my eyes open and shut because she’s constantly reinventing herself as she stays as true to herself as blue skies and yellow sunsets.

Charles Cicirella
1/10/2021

No comments: