Friday, January 07, 2022

I Know I Have Greatness Inside of Me.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2022-01-06T20_57_45-08_00

Possibilities endless once you turn your back to the crowd.
Everything tied up with a nice neat bow isn’t how things work in an unhinged world with so many selfish people.
You’d think at this point we’d have reached herd immunity for stupid, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Art for art’s sake is all she wrote no matter the conditions, no matter the cost.
Sounds noble when in fact it has nothing whatsoever to do with nobility.
Chivalry isn’t dead it just lies dormant waiting for the sleeping tiger to perish in the acid rains of sputtering forethought.

Woody Guthrie was a traveling troubadour giving hope to the poor just like Robin Hood and Betty White.
The Golden Girls are all now gone because God needed a laugh after so many cold winters abroad.
I know I have greatness inside of me, but trust me I’m not bragging because with greatness comes responsibility and sacrifice.

Hemp is no longer something I rely upon because I must hunker down and focus on the task at hand.
We must work our fingers to the bone as our intellects trade punches with an invisible champ and we refuse to take another dive.
Living by your wits is nothing like living by the grace of God; just ask the birds and the fishes and the monsters underneath your bed.

Endless possibilities come knocking like Martin Luther’s 95 Theses nailed to the door of Wittenberg’s Castle Church.
My mother said I suffered from delusions of grandeur which I believe is better than suffering from delusions of mediocrity.
Nothing is worse than people being handed the keys to the kingdom and settling instead for more strife and a paradise lost in the wreckage.

Charles Cicirella
1/6/2022

No comments: