Thursday, February 23, 2017

Twelfth Poem (Rollin’ in the Big Muddy) (For Valerie June)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2017-03-03T03_15_13-08_00

Holy rolling music.
The wilderness has never sounded so funky.
Pure joy as the sun shoots from her “Astral Plane” like a cosmic mechanic on overdrive.

We’re no better than those we condemn.
The death penalty a ticket punched to another place.
I learned to hold my tongue only as long as these chains hold me and they will not hold me for very long.

I can hear you chugging through the night on an ever ready train heading everywhere.
The light makes no mistakes as guardians like yourself spread positive love.
A revival of epic proportions bringing us closer together as an honest to god torch singer presents to us a burning bush juke joint that we ignore at our own peril.

Charles Cicirella
2/22/17

No comments: