Saturday, June 22, 2019

Birthday Baby (For Kat)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2019-06-21T22_10_13-07_00

“You need a Bleu poem.”

I told her I was fifty on July third and she said you’re just a baby
Then she informed me she was 36 soon to be 37 and it left me in stitches on the side of the Autobahn
There’s sushi in the frig so my happiness is covered for the next 24 hours

I like her so much I don’t even recall when she first entered my orbit like a meteor or cold shower
Blindfolds are essential for firing squads and falling in love if you’re key on picking up on the other person’s chemistry before lightning strikes you DOA
It was years before I heard her voice and when I did all bets were off

Kat has creamy white skin that if I were a kitten I’d lap up
Meow
Meow

Meow

Charles Cicirella
6/22/19

No comments: