Sunday, June 14, 2020

Kitty Kat (For Katheryn and Van)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-06-14T13_03_43-07_00
 
She hears my poetry when hardly anyone pays attention
She makes the impossible possible with her miracle curves and groovy serpentine exchanges
She’s not a snake, but when Katheryn cracks her whip, rodents, rabbits, birds, insects, amphibians (frogs or toads), eggs, other reptiles, fish, earthworms, or slugs all hide beneath their beds, quaking in fear

Kat accepts me for who I am and doesn’t ask me who that is
She celebrates my soul by sharing hers and it always leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy, like I’ve just come out of the dryer and forgot to put in a dryer sheet
Her life is top secret and everything is on a need to know basis, but I know she has opened up to me in ways no one else has ever experienced

She’s radical like an alarm clock with no tolling bell because who wants to be a buzzkill and what’s the point of ruining someone else’s unwaking state of sleepfulness?
If it was up to me we could ingest whatever we wanted into our bodies because if you’re stupid enough to knowingly ingest poison then maybe even a set of guardrails won’t save you from your very own death wish
One day I hope to chance upon Kat on some backstreet where we can finally put down our television-screen-defenses and share the silence

Charles Cicirella
6/14/20

No comments: