Monday, August 03, 2020

Mediocre Poet

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-08-03T13_15_43-07_00

People come after your poetry
The one gift you feel fairly confident about
Buttons pushed because some people are ensconced in a universal mind of depravity and depression

I’m now racking my brain about that time to try and figure out what great secret everyone is keeping from me
Of course there is no secret and to allow addled minds to come after you is something I cannot be party to
I left in December of ’97 and had very little contact with Jim after that and to have this stirred up again all on account of a record skipping is something I’m having a difficult time getting my skullbank around

My friend Linda asked how I continue to find myself in these situations to which I answered when you’re close to the fire it’s next to impossible not to get burned
The beast within called and asked if I wanted to come out and play and I never once considered hanging up because that would have been rude, plus I’ve always been a sucker for mutual assured destruction
Let’s start at the beginning when the pomegranate was swapped with an apple because Snow White wouldn’t have known what to do with all those seeds

I’m now looking for answers where no answers can be found because the truth is the connection between Bravecloud and Redcloud was as ironclad as I’ve always believed it to be
I’ve never been a low hanging fruit, but as targets go I’m easily taken out because I refuse to shield myself from the cutthroats who are trying to take you down a peg or two as you aspire for greatness or at the very least to remove yourself from the gutter
Sound judgement tells me to hunker down and to not raise my head from the hole I’ve currently dug myself into, unless I feel like having my head blown off and my heart picked apart by buzzards and buzzwords alike.

Charles Cicirella
8/2/20

No comments: