Friday, November 13, 2020

Macaroni and Cheese (For Carter)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-11-13T14_11_13-08_00

I like macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets too
They help me to make sense of the world
Plus the routine lends me a modicum of serenity

I’m making macaroni and cheese right now
It’s 12:55 AM and I need to fill my stomach with some comfort food
I like the night because the silence keeps me company by consuming my doubts and turning them into rainbow sherbet

Dishwasher’s running
Makes a lot of noise
Why is there a train in the kitchen?

The macaroni and cheese was very good and there’s even leftovers
I was tempted to eat it all, but knew it would make my stomach hurt
Getting up at 5 in the morning with cramps is no way to begin the day

Carter, I’ll make it out to Mineral City at some point and we’ll all hang out and maybe we can pull out the Legos and watch you build a new world
Sometimes it’s important to step outside of your comfort zone if only to better relate to those around you
I scooped up handfuls of clouds and inhaled them like they were cotton candy.

Charles Cicirella
11/13/20

No comments: