Monday, November 09, 2020

Who is Alex Trebek?

 https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-11-09T00_16_22-08_00

National treasure
World explorer
Gameshow host

Let’s not stand on ceremony.
We welcomed Jeopardy! into our homes because Alex Trebek made us feel safe and taught us all what discretion is the better side of valor actually means.
You would never know he was having a bad day because he was the ultimate fighter who understood that the show must go on no matter the condition you’re in.

When my mom got lung cancer she always wanted me in her room to watch Wheel and Jeopardy! I believe it was her way to spend some quality time together as she showed me just how smart she was.
I cannot believe he’s gone and how much it feels like I’ve lost a friend because Jeopardy! is the routine and Alex Trebek was the glue that held it all together.
I don’t know what to say or how to act because there’s this emptiness now in my heart that I don’t believe will ever be filled again.

Charles Cicirella
11/9/20

No comments: