Sunday, September 27, 2015

Roll Away the Stone

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2015-09-27T01_43_20-07_00

I cannot try any longer.
The stone is too heavy.
And Lazarus refuses to help.

We are stardust.
In the blink of an eye we are here.
In the blink of an eye we are gone.

I’m a poet.
Or at least that’s what I keep telling myself.
Doubting Thomas is my patron saint. I learned that when we were off the record.

The story is written in red ink.
The blood on our hands is just more yellow journalism.
And you cannot raise a politician whose heart is dead.

He is the Alpha.
And the Omega.
The First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Don’t worry yourself over the particulars.
Possession is nine-tenths of the law.
If you lose your soul that’s it you cannot get it back no matter how much you pay it forward.

I was a child of God.
I am still very much a child of God.
I don’t have to prove myself to you or to anyone.

Sisyphus proves how fatalistic a perpetual motion outlook can be.
Job got his proof and then some, but he still wasn’t convinced of much of anything.
Get down on your knees and pray and maybe, just maybe you’ll be blessed and none of your actual prayers will be answered.

Charles Cicirella
9/26/15

No comments: