Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Tarot Cards and Dissonance

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2015-09-01T20_33_51-07_00

I think about you.
I’m not going to lie.
I’m also not going to beg or pretend I’m something I’ve never even remotely been.

We trade punches with the great unknown.
We trade punches with the incorrigible and incongruent wind.
We lie down with the lions and haven’t a clue how truly precious the lambs are.

I am not a prize poet.
One time I won a prize for counting how many M&M’s there were in a glass jar.
When it comes to writing I can go twelve rounds and I seldom come off punch drunk.

I think about you all of the time.
I’m not going to lie and tell you that I don’t wish things weren’t somehow different.
This is the way things have played out though and all of the tarot cards and feelings of conflict in the world are not going to change that.

Charles Cicirella
9/1/15

No comments: