Monday, January 02, 2017

Second Poem

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2017-01-02T02_48_01-08_00

I crave you
Just to cuddle
Just to eat circus peanuts with

I know there’s a significant other in the picture
I know I too often cross the line without a parachute or backup plan
My ulterior motives come with their own Wet-Nap® and I swear when you got into your most comfortable pair of pj's I’d go do a crossword puzzle in the next room

“Something there is about you that strikes a match in me”
That’s a Bob line of course and I’ve borrowed it before
He knows just what not to say and how not to say it and that leaves me forever in stitches, waiting in the emergency room just another casualty of the battle of the sexes

You’re irresistible
Crime noir come to life
An action painting dripping its moonlight all over the white and black checkered floor

I know I don’t stand a chance, but that’s okay because being an underdog suits me just fine
This poetry seems to elude just about everyone except for you
That makes me smile because I know I must be doing something right if I am reaching someone as unbelievable as you

Charles Cicirella
1/2/17

No comments: