Friday, January 27, 2017

Seventh Poem (Movie Butter)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2017-01-27T18_50_13-08_00

(For Lori Kran-Warren)

There aren’t many people I trust, but I trust Lori with my life.
There’s never been any question where her loyalty lies.
She needn’t bother to take control of a situation because the situation was
already fully aware of who was in charge.

Known each other since high school.
In fact we even went to prom together.
She with David Kordel, me with Michelle Berland.

I could say things were simpler back then, but truth be told I never fit in.
I remember when we were peer counselors and how it was our very own Breakfast Club except none of us were popular and we preferred it that way.
We’d go to Ponderosa on Friday nights for the ice-cream bar. It is the most fun I’ve ever had with my clothes on.

These days Lori helps me get to the store so I can put food in my belly.
Honestly though it is the time spent with her, Randy and Aunt Joyce that is the real reason I look forward to getting out of the house and into a world of alternative facts.
You don’t find friends they find you and when it comes to Lori that is exactly what must have happened because I feel as if we’ve been friends since before I was ever even born.

Happy Birthday!

Charles Cicirella
1/27/17

No comments: