Monday, May 30, 2016

Spew


I
Thought
I
Would
Spew
Back
At
You
Even
Though
You
Stopped
Listening
Because
I
Guess
That
Is
Easier
Than
Hearing
An
Opinion
Different
Than
Your
Own

You
Talk
About
How
I
Was
Degrading
Your
Character
When
In
Reality
The
Only
Character
Assassination
Happening
Was
To
My
Character
As
You
Ran
Me
Through
The
Perpetual
Ringer
And
Made
Me
Feel
Worse
Than
I
Already
Did

I
Know
You
Are
Still
Not
Pleased
With
How
I
Acted
When
We
Dated
But
Enough
Is
Enough
As
You
Give
Everyone
The
Benefit
Of
The
Doubt
But
Me
As
I
Lie
Here
Like
Some
Gutted
Fish
Waiting
To
Be
Either
Wrapped
In
Newspaper
Or
Consumed
By
A
Murder
Or
Crows

Friends
Should
Be
Able
To
Have
Differing
Opinions
Without
One
Friend
Acting
Like
We
Are
Back
In
Grade
School
And
I
Checked
The
Wrong
Box
And
You
Decided
It
Was
Easier
To
Unfriend
Me
And
Pretend
I
No
Longer
Existed
Because
My
Character
Flaws
Became
More
Than
You
Could
Conceivably
Handle

I
Am
Spewing
Because
I
Cannot
Stop
Thinking
About
Your
Poisonous
Confections
And
How
Irresistible
You
Are
When
Creating
Your
Next
Book
Of
Spells
Curses
And
Incantations

I
Meant
It
When
I
Said
My
Love
Was
Unconditional
No
Matter
The
Fair
Weather
You
Continue
To
Attempt
Shoving
Down
My
Gullet
Like
A
Fistful
Of
Half
Dollars
Or
Baby
Doll
Heads

Charles Cicirella 5/29/16

No comments: