Saturday, September 08, 2018

White Waves (For Kat)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2018-09-08T10_26_10-07_00

I felt full of shellac, formaldehyde and Drano
Like the chicken hadn’t died, but continued calling in sick for reasons unknown and unsanitized
I couldn’t stop thinking about that abortion clinic and the old Richard Pryor movies they played on an endless loop

She kept telling me to be flexible while all I kept thinking was the second she brings up yoga I’m out the door
I watched the Muslim girl squirt for what seemed like hours and as the water came at me like Samurai swords I couldn’t help but wonder how she discovered this hidden talent
The last line will get me in trouble with some people, but I’m cool with that because some people are not all people which we must keep in mind as our country does its best to run from this dumpster fire it has become

The fly over states fucked us and that’s all there is to it, but you’ll have that and plenty more when antiquated ideas are inflicted on all the people like medicine being fed to a healthy child by a very unwell mother
She showed me her scars as I shut more and more down because I’ve never been much for intimacy especially when the panda bear I’m fucking is really a dire wolf
My words have never fit nicely into any size box and I’m guessing that’s why I don’t click with any poetry cabals and for that I am forever thankful and forever anonymous

I stood there peeing and it made me think that streams of consciousness is how I’ve always constructed my clay pigeon poetry and how that non-process is all the discipline I’ll ever need
The white waves like flying nuns came at me like Hitchcock’s birds as I stood there and took it because I’ve never been much of a leading lady
You wanted the truth well like Nicholson spouted “You Can't Handle the Truth!” and that’s probably true because the truth too often will chew you up and spit you out

I’m running out of steam
The petrol just doesn’t do the trick like it did once upon a time
Never forget getting off that bus and answering the phone only to hear my mother say “Charlie you better get here quick I have news and it’s not good”

Charles Cicirella
9/7/18

No comments: