Saturday, January 27, 2007

I Am Here

I Am Here

I am here
Fixed on the nothingness
Of a blank stare.

Job applications flutter
In the pinewood air
Needing to be filled out
Or tossed away.

I do not have a passport
So I can not escape to another country
My imagination bankrupt
Self evident truths no longer
A dime a dozen.

I barely remember the wheelbarrow
You pushed me around in and how
I once teetered on a cliff of my own devising
Finding it both reckless and romantic.

I am not here
In need of electroshock therapy or something
That would either jolt me in or out of this
Forced reality.

The world supposedly needs people like myself,
Dreamers who have never quite grown or given up
Lately though I am not entirely convinced me or
The world will ever see eye to eye.

When the nothingness all around becomes a
Comfortable blanket of hoarfrost and delirium
Is it time to pull the plug or perhaps get a new
Take on everything exhaled from your frozen
Heart and head.

Charlie
January 21, 2007

No comments: