Friday, July 03, 2015

Poetry is My Protection

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2015-07-03T13_11_24-07_00

Her words not mine.
She reminded me that I know how to write in both blood and stardust.
My words not hers.

I’m a pushy son of a bitch.
I’m hard to love.
I don’t trust love. Not one bit.

You appeared out of the clear blue sky.
I find myself smiling more than I’ve ever smiled before.
Poetry is how and where I lower my guard.

Poetry is my protection. Her words not mine.
You bring me around to other ways of thinking and spinning. My words not hers.
The mold was broken when I was born. “On the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true.”*

Charles Cicirella
6/27/15


* "(They Long to Be) Close to You" is a popular song written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David.

No comments: