Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lowlands (For Katie Boyd)

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2016-10-25T15_04_39-07_00

Thinking about her
How she lets me get away with murder
Because she knows I am harmless
And that all I really want like anyone of us
Is to be loved

Scotland’s not that far away
At least not in my mind
Not so far away when I close my eyes
And it’s all in the game when the record
Begins to skip and her eyes pierce my Teflon

We break apart like porcelain dolls
It was never our intention to last forever
And immortality is only of interest to those
Who cannot deal successfully with the day to day
Everything is a grind when you’re soulless

Part human, part stuffed animal
I imagine her to be as warm as a jolt of whiskey
On the coolest of new mornings or lost weekends
TCM our aphrodisiac as we wait for the takeout
To be delivered and the trash to be hidden from view

Dreaming about her
How she doesn’t know what to say when I make some
Overtly physical comment, but nothing too heavy
Because I want intimacy and nothing more and she
Understands this like she understands we’re just
Two strangers passing through inclement weather

Charles Cicirella
10/25/16

No comments: