Thursday, February 16, 2017

Seventh Poem (Wash Your Hands)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2017-02-16T18_58_14-08_00

Dan was right when he said people don’t care.
It was hard to hear, but he’s right on target and so direct.
Like when I thought that Starbucks bottle was closed and Dan nearly peed his pants from laughing when I shook it and it went everywhere.

Wash your hands because even though I am in love with you. I don’t love your germs.
It would be just like America to go down from a Godliness is next to cleanliness plague.
I reserve the right to judge you because as long as I don’t burn you at the stake I figure we’re good.

It’s been too long since we hit the road like two earnest and trustworthy scallywags.
His conflict free approach to life and life only and the way I attack a problem when it presents itself keeps us out of trouble and up there on another level.
When he finally told me he was married I was a wee-bit jealous.

He’s an accountant and I’m another parser of words. In fact nothing could be further from the truth as we’re both superheroes in our own secretive ways.
He looks better in a cape and I will never wear those tights again sober or drunk.
We fight crime, melancholia and the blues that comes with everyday living and everyday dying.

Charles Cicirella
2/16/17

No comments: