Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Underbelly (For Marc)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2018-05-15T20_57_58-07_00

Snake
Slithering
Snake

Forked tongue
Lights out
Opaque civilization

Shoot the messenger
Don’t shoot the messenger
The truth will always find a way to rise to the top

No one appreciates the written word
Even God Almighty found the Bible to be lacking something
Trust yourself even and especially when it feels like you don’t have a friend in this world

Porous mind
Check into the unconscious hotel
Room service will blow your mind into mirrors of elasticity

I’ve never wanted to be a soldier
I’ve only ever wanted to be a writer
Now I’m both as urban camouflage wreaks havoc on my superego

Marc this poem is for you
I haven’t a clue why
Perhaps you can explain it to me over lunch, dinner or a walk in the park

Charles Cicirella
4/20/18

No comments: