Sunday, June 14, 2020

Leprechaun Séance (For Kat)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-06-13T23_45_40-07_00

“Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin”
I’m no slouch, but Leonard will always have me beat
He’s the host with the most and when it comes to Prophets of the Heart there is no one better to turn to or turn away from.

Let’s start from the beginning or even better let’s start at where you’re most comfortable and end up somewhere in the middle of some other kind of bliss
I know your heart is off limits and I’ve always respected that about you because you’re more than a character in a book and to me you mean more than even the designated sun
I’m tired and I’m fed up with people who write me off simply because I don’t contribute to society like they’re used to or comfortable with

Go ahead and hold up my soul by attempting to get between me and my passions and I swear I’ll move both Heaven and Earth to prove to you just how wrong the status quo is
Of course we need bean counters, but without the mad, irascible artists how do you think the blueprint of our humanity ever breaks through the stratosphere
I want to dip you in butterscotch and rainbow sprinkles and methodically graze until the cows start to whisper and the farmers’ trade in their tractors for Bimmers

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well and I wish I had known sooner
I would have written you a poem for every day you were under the weather if I didn’t believe that would have driven you crazy
“Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove
Dance me to the end of love
Dance me to the end of love”

Charles Cicirella
6/14/20

No comments: