Friday, January 07, 2022

Colleen

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2022-01-07T20_02_00-08_00

I write from pillar to post and this poem’s for you
I hope that doesn’t piss you off too much

Met you were you were 18 and you’ve never liked me
Never quite sure why, but I’ve always figured it is what it is

Your parents have always been two of my favorite people in the world
Your father never failed to make me laugh and your mother is someone I’d defend to my death

Even when push came to shove I wouldn’t tell you off because I don’t believe that you deserve it
The poetry is what sustains me as I breathe art like oxygen

I wanted to do something nice for your birthday and I hope this poem finds you well
I know I’m playing with fire writing you these words and I pray I don’t get too badly burned.

Charles Cicirella
1/7/2022

No comments: