Saturday, October 21, 2017

BAD NEWS CARE BEARS

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2017-10-21T12_23_10-07_00

Received the kind of news no one wants to receive.
My mother said she was in the end of days and she wasn’t kidding in the least little bit.
She told me that my sense of humor during this time was strange and all I could think was without my sense of humor I’m already gone.

Nothing can be reversed or returned at this latency stage.
You wore it down now you own it no matter the poor health you find your body in.
Tearing out patches of your flesh and pretending you’re one of the undead when nothing could be further from the diluted and distilled, bittersweet truth.

Just dropped my mother off at hospice. I told my friend Ted and he said “Oh, Charles, that's so heavy” and he’s right it is heavy. In fact it’s heavier than my own mother is at this debilitating time.
We can only do what we can do while people’s expectations of us must be left in a ditch because there’s no point in sapping all of our energies doing our darndest to make you feel better about yourselves.
Let’s just cut to the chase and forgive and forget circumstantial evidence and the end always justifying the means. Instead let’s act like humans and accept each other for exactly who we are and not for what we want or expect each other to be.

Charles Cicirella
10/17/17

No comments: