Tuesday, June 25, 2019

I Want You (For Kat)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2019-06-25T11_47_53-07_00

I want you
I want you so bad
I want to check you out of the library and never return you

Listening to Marty sing about today and I almost want to relate to a flower child, I said almost
I’m from the Lizard King’s school of turn a dispassionate eye to all hippies, just because I have long hair doesn’t mean shit
Just tried saving this poem only to discover I’ve already written a poem entitled “I Want You,” what can I say I’m nothing if not redundant

Wish to walk through an enchanted forest with you, where I don’t have to worry about the trees conspiring against us
Mother Nature is not always vengeful and will oftentimes take our breaths away before we realize our mouths were never open
Around the bend we go like a stubborn meatball or Steinbeck’s Red Pony, throwing caution and Sense and Sensibility to the epistolary wind

I just dropped a load like Elvis did before going into the Army. I intend no disrespect because I know how commendable it is serving your country and the load I dropped was no friend of mine.
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! is now playing in my head like David’s lost chord or Leonard’s Tower of Song
I desire to stand the test of time with you, long after we’ve looked our makers squarely in the eye and no longer accept defeat as the only plausible conclusion

Charles Cicirella
6/25/19

No comments: