Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Metal Goddess III (For Sara)

 https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-10-28T14_50_38-07_00

I want to write one more poem for Sara because I find her so attractive and sweet.
Watching her play piano just sealed the deal as she pressed down on the keys and warmed the cockles of my heart.
All the pictures of her wearing different heavy metal tee-shirts never fails to bring a smile to my face because she is doing what she loves and that brings me so much happiness during these dark, deplorable days.

I ‘d prefer to not stop what I’m doing and look at the state of the world because the world is broken and until we respect this virus nothing is going to change for the better.
I had Covid-19 back in March and for three months the symptoms kept me company like the Grim Reaper on Tinder.
I met Sara on Twitter and when I did it was like a breath of fresh air came through the open window and reminded me not everything is bad and we must change our outlooks before it’s too late.

This is the last poem for Sara for now because I really don’t feel like driving another person away.
Strangers in the night, exchanging glances as they stay six feet apart and masks help keep the mystery alive and the virus at bay.
I want to write one more poem for Sara before turning off the light and returning to my bed for a much needed siesta.

Charles Cicirella
10/28/20

No comments: