Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Grimy Love (for Juliet)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2021-07-13T19_11_13-07_00

High strung as the moon
Keeps affecting and creating
A spitfire and poetry dominatrix

The pit bull approached and I panicked
I don’t remember this happening
Just like Juliet doesn’t remember me ripping up her cigarettes on the way to COSI

I recall when we would bake cookies
It was the one thing we did together that caused no strife
Twin Peaks was another tactic to calm the turbulent storm while allowing me a respite from my own calamity of loneliness

When talking about the unvaccinated we both get hot under the collar because the thought that someone else’s’ ignorance could cost us our lives is complete and utter BS
Grimy love isn’t all it’s cracked up to be especially when our selfhood is hidden within the relics of our cloak and dagger hearts
When I tell people I was once a telephone psychic it always gets a big laugh, but what they don’t understand is that being an artist uses the same toolset, just for a lot less money

We’re both night owls and I believe that’s because creative sparks await nightfall before presenting themselves in full regalia
I have a scratchy throat which worries me because I cannot afford a visit from the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future
This poem isn’t making me happy, so I’m going to lie down and when I get up perhaps everything will make more sense or at the very least not aggravate me so much.

Charles Cicirella
7/9/2021

No comments: