Thursday, October 21, 2021

Flat On My Back

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2021-10-21T20_03_46-07_00

The blood of the lamb ricochets around the inside of my Godhead.
Started speaking in tongues when I was in Fountain Square, Indianapolis.
Jesus turned his back as he has a tendency to do.

That last line isn’t true. Christ is always with me and I’m forever grateful to be one of the Chosen.
Don’t tell the Jehovah Witnesses otherwise we’ll never get a table.
The soup was cold, but I let it go because I was in a hurry to get back to the Inquisition.

Everyone I’ve met with a trust fund is a douche and I don’t believe that’s a coincidence.
Was in a Walmart tonight and all I kept thinking was I’m going to die because I had a taste for eggnog.
It’s no way to live always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Also tired of other friends’ good fortune while I feel stuck in the mud.

I’m not a petty person I just don’t know if I’ll ever get a leg up and that scares the bejesus out of me.
It’s such an awful feeling when I lose the will to fight. Makes me think about those kidnappers in Haiti and how I’d like to punch out all their lights.
Just because you have a machine gun doesn’t make you a big man, in fact it makes you as small as a speck of dust and even less noteworthy.

Someone recently accused me of schmoozing which I found both funny and insulting. It feels like I cannot win because either I’m at war and no one likes a fascist or I try to get along and we know how people feel about Neville Chamberlain.
I’m flat on my back knowing if I drink the eggnog I’ll probably end up in the bathroom.
Of course there are worse fates like never finding your true purpose or being stuck in a room where the TV never shuts off.

Charles Cicirella
10/21/2021 

No comments: