Thursday, October 01, 2015

Specimen under the Microscope

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2015-09-30T23_43_22-07_00

I lie to myself each and every moment of each and every day.
I do it because it’s easier than telling the truth.
Of course that could just be another lie.

I was watching TV and I heard the word cogitate.
I liked the sound of it even though I didn’t know what it meant.
I looked it up and then I carefully pondered why that word so strongly resonates for me.

We were once chimpanzees.
It strikes me as rather odd that there are so many people that refuse to even entertain the notion that this might be true.
I also find it ironic that the people who are having such a difficult time with the theory of evolution are the very same people who are in desperate need of evolving.

Just opened another poetry rejection email.
I had to fight myself from responding and telling these idiots just how wrong they are.
I know I can write and that I most definitely have something to say it just becomes increasingly frustrating when too few people actually want to read or hear my words.

I lie to myself with alarming frequency.
I believe it has something to do with denial feeling so damn good.
In fact I am starting to think not coming clean has become my favorite pastime.

I was watching TV. Actually it was Netflix, but what’s really the bloody difference these days?
It’s one of the few ways I find myself able to switch off my mind and take a much needed break from all of these thoughts racing around my jailhouse brain.
I was a bank robber and when we met you were a teller and liked the note I had written telling you this was a bank robbery. We’re all specimens under the microscope some of us just find the petri dish more comfortable than others.

Charles Cicirella
9/22/15

No comments: