Monday, November 16, 2015

Fuck Stigma (For Mikal)

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2015-11-15T21_36_51-08_00

I know it’s easier said than done.
I know having to be reminded of memories you’d rather keep locked up in a vault is beyond excruciating and non-essential in these hard pressed and hard worn times.
I know you’re not a martyr, but try and keep in mind the stigmas Christ wrestled with when he was up there on that cross.

“Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream.”
Just ask Zimmerman.
Just ask Jiminy Cricket when he was doing his best to convince Pinocchio he was a real boy.

We all have a part to play.
At least that’s what I like to believe when denial has worn out its welcome and the darkness no longer comforts me like it once did.
We’re writers and I guess that’s a badge of honor if you’re into that sort of thing, but we both know that’s a waste of time and that being an Eagle Scout isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

You wield the pen like a scalpel as you take the tiger by its tail and show William Blake whose boss and why a "Glad Day" isn’t just for the fallen any longer.
Sometimes dreams really do come true and you know exactly what I mean as you become enveloped in her silver lining and forget all about the gossipy clouds.
I’m channeling my inner orangutan as I sit here on the floor writing these words in Cleveland, Ohio and send them to you in Woodland Hills, California.

When the world breaks apart it also heals in pieces and parts.
The way you hear music and internalize music is no small feat and this blessing will continue to bless you no matter the weather breaking outside your window or inside your gaunt frame.
I know it’s easier said than done, but you’ve never been a pushover, no matter how difficult the memories are to face.

Charles Cicirella
11/15/15

No comments: