Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I'm Baked (For Scott)

 
I’m baked.
Thinking about covering myself in sour cream and calling it a day.
I was wounded and then I recovered.
Twelve steps won’t help if your shoelaces are untied.

I’m lost somewhere in the atmosphere.
There’s no cell phone service out here.
Email was hacked.
Don’t bother sending a smoke signal.

Google Maps didn’t work and I ended up in Nova Scotia.
It might be time to call it quits or pay off the referee.
In twenty nine minutes I’ll veg out in front of the NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt.
Denial can be the best medicine when all other options are being searched for weapons.

I didn’t forget about you.
I just didn’t feel like getting back on the bus and going halfway across town to find you.
Let’s just call a spade a spade and wear aluminum foil hats to cover our hesitant pride.
Brooke Shields is the only La-Z-Boy I need so I can relax once and for all.

Charles Cicirella
1/25/2016

No comments: