Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Energizer Bunny

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2016-05-18T15_28_06-07_00

Life begins
Life ends
It’s not up to us
Until it is

And they’re on their way
To the desert to scatter her sister’s ashes
And tragedy is all around us so are miracles
When we stop seizing on foregone conclusions

And I knew she was a poet the first time we met
There was this magical glint in her eyes
That spoke to me of a thousand years of love
And when the love turned to hate she got out of Damascus

The Energizer Bunny isn’t a toy or a religious artifact
It will beat you to the punch every time with its
Furry paws and redolent way it has of always knowing
When to push the river and when to say Geronimo

Death is not the end
At least that’s the word on the street paved in shimmering gold
It’s not up to us
Until it is

And I cannot wait till she reads my Tarot
Because I am convinced she holds all the cards in this friendship
Of super heroes and drag queens gone straight then crooked again
Please don’t light the incense it makes me sick to my stomach

And I knew she was a High Priestess the first time we broke bread
It was the way she looked straight through me with the efficacy of a
Thrift store Saint
And too many people blame others for the problems they’ve created
But Leah is way beyond all that as she adjusts the rearview and presses her Sandal down on the gas pedal

Charles Cicirella
5/18/16

No comments: