Friday, May 06, 2016

Strawberry Preserves

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2016-05-06T01_36_56-07_00
This isn’t a euphemism
I want some strawberry preserves
My Eggo® Waffles with peanut butter
Are just not the same without them

You may think I’m making some
Double entendre about sex
When nothing could be further
From the truth

The thing is I went to the store
And they had jam and jelly
But no preserves and it really
Made smoke come out of my ears

You’re probably thinking I’m making
A big thing out of nothing, but I believe
It’s about the small things and strawberry
Preserves make the world go around

I was just told I need to get a job and though
I’m pretty sure that’s more important than
Strawberry preserves I still want them and
Hope the store has them the next time I go

Charles Cicirella
5/4/16

No comments: