Monday, September 19, 2016

Lyn #5

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2016-09-19T02_01_29-07_00

I like my coffee black like the Black Panthers
I like my tea white like the White Nationalists
A splattering of cream
Starbucks no one’s true friend

Her intellectual prowess purrs like a mountain lion
Whenever left to my own devises I’m afraid I’ll drowned in the shallow end
Titanic just one more shot across the bow and Leo’s career was never the same
Of course I’ve always been a sucker for a Total Eclipse especially when it also stars David Thewlis whose own career disappeared without a viable trace, the Harry Potter movies don’t count

I woke up and she was gone. In fact she was never there and this whole time I’ve been waxing poetic about a muse I can neither possess nor pursue
She’s what vapor is jealous of once it’s left the lungs and loses its choking intensity
And though I’ve never much minded a trifle from Woody like Shadows and Fog I much prefer his less intrinsically obscure work like Crimes and Misdemeanors

I like my movements to have an actual pulse and for my causes to neither be lost nor too easily found and capitalized upon
I like her because she knows exactly what she does not want and is not afraid to draw her boundaries in permanent marker
A smattering of blood and guts
War and peace the best and worst of friends

Charles Cicirella
9/19/16

No comments: