Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Monomaniacal

http://charlespoet.podomatic.com/entry/2016-09-27T22_03_24-07_00

not pointing fingers
that’s not my intention
just from where I stand
being monomaniacal
is a losing game
especially when
the only subject you’re
well versed in
are pictures of yourself

what about a change of pace
a photo of some bushes
or a Wendy’s drive-thru
in the middle of nowhere
grab yourself a fifty cent
Frosty and a Baconator
and give the self serving
smirk and unlasting
impressions a break
for a change

you may ask why am I
obsessed with someone
else’s love affair with their own image
and trust me it has zero to do with
sour grapes because I don’t even drink
no it’s more because too many seem to be
caught up in this person’s self inflated
celebrity and it sickens me to see another
Guyana playing out before us like a
slick, indifferent butter knife to the gut
there has to be something more worthwhile
to waste our nights and days focusing and
unfocusing upon like maybe politics or
the state of virtue and where it’s gone off to

Charles Cicirella
8/28/16

No comments: