Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Michelle Chang

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2016-11-01T21_23_02-07_00

Reuben’s cooking on the stove
I’m over my head
Michelle is too smart for my low down ways

The corned beef is popping
Or maybe it’s the mixture of the sauerkraut,
Thousand Island dressing and intense heat

I don’t have a clue what I am doing
Flirting never works and when she rolls her eyes
I know I’m on a path leading nowhere

This isn’t a matter of deboning a fish or
Showing the vegetables whose boss
More finesse is called for in this endeavor

Reuben was very tasty
I believe it’s because I followed the instructions
And played to my strengths

Maybe this poem will make an impression
Because Michelle seems to enjoy creativity
And the passionate spark residing within

Charles Cicirella
10/14/16

No comments: