Monday, March 16, 2020

My Litany for Garth House

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-03-16T00_16_17-07_00

Common Grounds
Nervous flawless poet
We rode a ride at the Ohio State Fair together

He wrote a letter to me that still to this day gives me goosebumps
Someone with his measure of talent noticed me and it made me smile and even lighter on my feet
We went to Baltimore and afterwards he stole his mother’s car and drove to NYC, they found him naked, ranting about being the anti-Christ

Joan Jett’s “Jezebel” just started playing and I’m not really sure what more I can say about Garth
We watched Bob Dylan’s Renaldo and Clara together, the entire four hours
Garth’s words are fierce tigers, taking on the intelligentsia and winning in the name of all that’s still sacred in our cracked cracker barrel world of incestuous tyrants and their alliances with Satan

Charles Cicirella
3/14/2020

No comments: