Friday, July 17, 2020

Root Beer Float (For Jax)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2020-07-17T13_53_41-07_00


“I LOVE LOVE LOVE root beer!!!!!!”

In the shower thinking about a root beer float
It’s the perfect time to make a mess and have the time of your life
Jax’s muse makes me sloppy drunk and incapable of operating heavy machinery
I need to pretend I’m driving through a school zone and take my foot off of the gas pedal

Did you ever laugh so hard that root beer came out of your nose?
Have you ever fallen in love with what you believed a furnace of love and instead turned out to be swampland in Florida?
We’re born inside prophecy and no one here gets out alive until we own up to the sacred part we play in everything

Did you ever stop believing you’re on a TV show and start acting for real?
I must stop resisting the false hope that breeds fear and embrace everything about me that keeps my head above water
“Well, I'm a-runnin' down the road, tryin' to loosen my load”  listening to The Eagles

My brave heart admires your brave heart and all the rainbow tragedy and simpleton madness that led you to this part in the story
When I was a child I loved popup books and all the mysteries they introduced to me
Then at 14 I discovered Dylan and my creative life went into overdrive and I haven’t looked back since

Charles Cicirella
7/14/20

No comments: