Monday, January 09, 2017

Fourth Poem ("Them There Eyes")

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2017-01-09T20_15_43-08_00

Billie Holiday pours from her eyes like blue lava from a very happening volcano.
The case was open and then it was shut and before it was dismissed the lawyers stood around like lawyers have a tendency doing.
I’m writing myself silly because I cannot get enough of her praise. Truth be told she inspires me like gangbusters and there’s no better feeling than that.

Have you ever been on fire from the inside out?
Like McDonalds is handing out free Big Macs and you’re doing everything you can to hold yourself back from getting in line over and over again.
No, I am not comparing this feeling to fast food or for that matter comparing her to some bullshit high I may get from shoving genetically modified beef into my pie hole.

It’s just all these butterflies that I cannot get used to flying around my melon like Trappist Monks hell-bent on holding up their end of the silent bargain by reacting to nothing and believing in everyone.
We need more actual movements in this chicken fried steak country of ours and less causes. A man actually attempted to begin a revolution and got virtually ignored by the powers that be and the Trump-cated press while another man who claimed he was part of a movement spurred racial hatred and was “elected” to the highest office in the land.
Yes, we’ve all collectively fallen into a rabbit hole and collective bargaining had nothing whatsoever to do with it and unless we stick together facts will soon be replaced with fiction and the neighborhood coffee shop will become just another place to be ridiculed.

Her eyes make this all worthwhile because every single time I spy them I’m stopped in my tracks and reminded of how good it feels to be alive and capable of everything.
We have the power to change the world and we have the power to lie down and let the train run right over us. The choice is still very much ours no matter how hopeless everything is feeling now.
I held her in my imaginary arms and whispered sweet somethings into her “Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep” ears and “Mona Lisaeyes.

Charles Cicirella
1/9/17

No comments: