Thursday, January 05, 2017

Ninth Poem

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/charlespoet/episodes/2017-01-04T22_07_43-08_00

I want to break down the door and kiss her cowboy mouth.
I don’t think I’ll finish this poem before going to bed.
Too many thoughts racing through my head and harnessing them may not be possible.

I have to pee, but I don’t feel like standing up and walking to the bathroom.
My fingers are racing across the keys like greyhounds at a dog track in Florida.
I still have to pee and still don’t feel like getting up. I know this is why God invented commercials.

I want to break through the doors of Immaculate Conception and kiss the petals of your Tender Is the Night lotus blossom.
I’m still not convinced I’ll finish this poem before I go to bed.
I am using lots of I’s in this poem I hope my friend Laurie doesn’t get on my case again.

Charles Cicirella
1/4/17

No comments: